Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbon Fibre Or Silver Colour Code Opninions!?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Focus_IRE
Hello all,

I've got my carbon fibre in the door yesterday. What I intend on doing is making the spoiler carbon fibre. But also another idea that popped into my head is the fog light mouldings, I was wanting to spray them silver to colour code the but I am thinking of spraying the small bumper strip on the moulding and putting the rest carbon. What does anyone think?? All ideas welcome :D
Lenny
[quote name='Focus_IRE' timestamp='1336726403' post='182050']
Hello all,

I've got my carbon fibre in the door yesterday. What I intend on doing is making the spoiler carbon fibre. But also another idea that popped into my head is the fog light mouldings, I was wanting to spray them silver to colour code the but I am thinking of spraying the small bumper strip on the moulding and putting the rest carbon. What does anyone think?? All ideas welcome :D
[/quote]

sonds good to me mate,
i like the contrast between the dark and the silver,
so it would look good spraying the small bumper strips colour coded and the lower section in carbon fibre,
but they may be difficult to wrap mate due to the bumps in the design,
perhaps instead of wrapping them have a look in to hydro dipping
you could also have the front grill hydro dipped in carbon fibre to match the fog surrounds and it wont ever peal on you mate.
[url="http://www.aquaprint.ie/"]http://www.aquaprint.ie/[/url]
could be 200euro for the front bits at the most mate but they prime the parts then dip them and finally coat them by spraying some clear laquer on top so they will last forever.
Focus_IRE
Good man Lenny mate, great website I might have a go anyway and see how i get on bit of trial and error ta see and if not will have a look at them. Will try post pics up ovwr the weekend when done.
Lenny
[quote name='Focus_IRE' timestamp='1336738204' post='182069']
Good man Lenny mate, great website I might have a go anyway and see how i get on bit of trial and error ta see and if not will have a look at them. Will try post pics up ovwr the weekend when done.
[/quote]

nice one mate,
look foward to the pictures and hop the sunny south east holds out for the duration of the modification B)
Stoney871
A while back i saw a car outside my place with colour matched bumper strip so i recorded the registration and nipped to Ford hoping to get a silver pair ordered.
Apparently they are sprayed with the car at the plant and can't be ordered pre coloured.
Only option is to buy primered ones or scrally around in a scrap yard.
Even if they come fitted on a car when bought, you can't get coloured ones to replace lost/broken ones.
I know primered one's are only about £8 each but still annoying.
Typical..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615