Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decent All Round Tyres For My Focus
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
favero
[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Hi

Just about to buy some new tyres for my Ford Focus 1.6 2001 car and was wondering if anyone can recommend some. Going to replace my front two first as they're getting badly worn now and could fail my MOT when it comes around next November. What I'm after is a decent all round, all weathers hard compund tyre for less than £80 including VAT, fitting, safe disposal of the old tyres and new valves. My current ones are mixed makes but are 195/60 R15 88V ones. Any tips advice as ever will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Favero.[/font][/size]
stef123
the best tyres i ever had on my focus 2001 1.6 by a good bit were Vredestein Hi-trac. can be quite hard to come by, can usually get them online no problem though. i was paying about £65 a corner fitted. i was using 195/60/R15 88H
jeebowhite
I currently have Pirelli P6000s on my Cee'd, I paid about £70 each, and they are holding there own very well, only gone down about 2mm in about 6000 miles...
pragmatix
[size=4]Have a look at[/size][size=4] Barum Bravuris 2[/size] Got them on the Mondeo great tyre done 5000 miloes so far and wear seems good grip wet and dry is very good
Pidu
[quote name='jeebowhite' timestamp='1337262348' post='183032']
only gone down about 2mm in about 6000 miles...
[/quote]

Just a thought.... New tyres have abt 8mm tread, legal limit is 1.6mm. It would mean that tyres will last for about 20 000 miles...... not much honestly speaking.
stef123
[quote name='Pidu' timestamp='1337287734' post='183115']
Just a thought.... New tyres have abt 8mm tread, legal limit is 1.6mm. It would mean that tyres will last for about 20 000 miles...... not much honestly speaking.
[/quote]

im doing well if i get 10-12k out my front tyres on the st :lol:
pragmatix
[quote name='Pidu' timestamp='1337287734' post='183115']
[/quote]

If you drive as if there is an egg on the gas pedal ( thank you Jackie Stewart ) then you might, mind I have had 22k out of Michelins on my C5, but they cost twice as much as my curent barums
jeebowhite
Very true, 20000 miles is the average I suppose, but I really need to get out and do a proper tyre health check with my digital 'poker ma jig'

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.