Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashin Glow Plug Lamp
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
andyrk
I have a 2003 Focus Ghia 1.8TDCi 115 bhp,on occasion when I accelerate say in 4th gear from about 50mph to overtake,the engine seems to pick up the suddenly back off & the glow plug lamp flashes,the engine also doesn't run very smoothly at times,any ideas?
Teabags
Had same problem on wifes car we changed the accelerator pedal assembly, the sensor wears over time and it resolved the problem. The reason it flashes and loses power because the ecu gets a unusual signal from the pedal and goes into limp mode to protect the car.
andyrk
Thanks Teabags,I've seen this on other sites, but no one I mention it to in any garages comes to that conclusion,I've had injectors & EGR valve mentioned to solve the problem
mintalkin
get the fault codes read before spending money on possabilities.

Full Colour Version: Flashin Glow Plug Lamp
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615