Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Problem ?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
MrAnderson
hi all.
New on here. My other half has bought an 05 plate street ka, very cute. I thought I would take it for a spin yesterday,just for research purposes you understand !
Anyway the steering feels a little loose compared to my megane. There is a couple of inches of play from the centre, and I felt like I was constantly correcting the car when I was on a bypass ( straight. 5 miles )
Is this a street ka thing, or is the a problem. Track rod ends, steering rack etc..?

Cheers.
delboy
sounds like lower suspension (wishbones) have gone
look here
www.buypartsby.com
or co.uk
btmaldon
It does sound like a suspension issue but if the tracking is out out it will give you the same sensation. They are really prone to potholes knocking them off track, so have a look at the tyre wear.

We had a new clutch in our SportKA and found it steered the same as yours when we got it back. Doing 60 was a nightmare. Got the front wheels tracked and its great now.
MrAnderson
Hmm, I hope its just the tracking. Its going in for oil, filter plugs etc.. So i'll get them to have a look when its on the ramp.

Cheers.

Full Colour Version: Steering Problem ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.