I am having some issues with the Remote Control unit... It seems to be getting more difficult operating it, sometimes for days its fine, but then I can press and press the buttons and nothing happens, except if its unlocked, I press unlock again, and then it works, and if its locked, press the lock again, and then it seems fine. I replaced the battery a couple of months ago. I did wonder if it could be the microswitches wearing out, and if so, is it possible to get new tops for these keys. AFAIK, the immobiliser chip is in the bottom part, and I can recode the top bit voa the car, if I recall correctly.
Would welcome any sage advice.