Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mk2 Mondeo - Rough Idle - Juddery @ 2250-2750 Rpm
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
SNAKEBITE
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. The problem is with my Mk2 Mondeo which is a P plate and has 133,000 miles on the clock.

[u]Background[/u][list]
[*]It had its MOT in February where the catalytic converter, lamda (?) sensor (screws into downpipe), leads and coil pack were replaced.
[*]It failed on the cat, but when replaced the C02 was down but the hydrocarbons were not, so the garage replaced the leads and coil pack.
[*]This got it through the MOT
[/list]
[u]Interim Period[/u][list]
[*]Since the MOT the idle when warm has been rough.
[*]I have since replaced the plugs but it made no diffeence.
[*]I have disconnected the battery lead for 2 hours to reset the ECU. It made no difference.
[*]Someone suggested putting a small amout of grease on the tip of the plugs (not the bit in the engine!) I have done this and it has made no difference.
[*]I noticed the garage only replaced 2 of the 4 bolts in the coil pack, I have replaced the missing ones but it made no difference.
[*]The idle has only been rough since the work was carried out.
[*]I did go back to the garage but they just said bring it back as they though it might be an air leak.
[*]I have checked but cannot find an air leak (not too sure what they were on about and to be honest I was not convinced and why suddenly do they think there is an air leak?)
[/list]
[u]Other Issue[/u][list]
[*]When the revs reach 2250 there is a juddering which clears at 2750. It is worse in the higher gears as the lower gears go through the range quicker.
[*]Is this connected?
[/list]

Any help would be much appreciated as I am running out of ideas.
Thank you.
SNAKEBITE
I should have put that the car is a 1.8 Petrol.

Sorry...................

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.