Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Annoying Buzzing Noise From Beneath The Stereo...
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
StevoBow
Hi Guys... just a quick little 'How to' for that annoying noise you get with the titanium fiesta...

Firstly you have to remove the plastic around the gear lever... Just have to pull it up to do so.

Next... Remove the little bit of plastic under the radio... small flat blade screwdriver in the center and it should pop open and all you have to do is gently pull it off.

Next... Remove the trim around the climate unit which is held in by a few metal clips.. Gently pull it and it should all pull away. I started at the bottom and worked my way slowly to the top.

Next... Unscrew the 4 torx holding in the Climate unit and the 2 holding the clip above and disconnect the unit. Very easy,, 2 clips that you press the top down and slide the black part across (not in the pic but makes sense when its in front of you)

In the hole you'll find this... the cause of the problem!! It's vibrating against the trim. The trim is somehow acting like a speaker and making the noise far worse then it is!!

Cable tie it to the wires for the climate control and it should fix the problem!!

Now all you gotta do is put it all back together in reverse!!

Good Luck :D
Jason_Master_Tech
There is now an adapter available which mounts between the sensor and the dash which pro vents this noise from happening too.
Nodz
[quote name='Jason_Master_Tech' timestamp='1338406793' post='184836']
There is now an adapter available which mounts between the sensor and the dash which pro vents this noise from happening too.
[/quote]

Have you got a part no for this?? Just picked up the OH's new fiesta (58plate) and its doing the same

Thanks
Magenta
Very useful - thanks. that noise has bugged me for a long time. Is it the temperature sensor for the climate control ? It would explain why you only get it that particular buzzing on Titaniums etc.(I get it on mine on certain road surfaces at certain speeds). I'm surprised Ford left it just hanging there without a clip. Can you not just remove a side trim to get at it ?
robthegog79
[quote name='Jason_Master_Tech' timestamp='1338406793' post='184836']
[/quote]

Hi there I'm just wondering if anyone found out the part number of the adapter that Jason had mentioned? My wife's Fiesta (Titanium 2009) has the same issue re: buzzing. The buzzing stops when I remove the sensor from it's dash mounting, so I know that's the issue.

I'm tempted to just leave it disconnected from the dash and cable-tie it to the other wires, like Steven's solution above. But I'm worried this might stop the climate control from working properly i.e. it won't measure the internal temperature correctly.

Many thanks! Rob.
lollapalooza
The part number here in Italy it's 1736143.
The price is about 3 €.

That's the picture of the sensor with the "adapter" plugged. The adapter is highlighted.
[url="http://postimage.org/image/4dr2pndzj/"][img]http://s11.postimage.org/4dr2pndzj/Cattura.jpg[/img][/url]

P.S.
The sensor is not "hanging", it is plugged in a slot on the dashboard.
In left hand drive cars the slot is located on the left of the climate control panel, about at the same height of the driver's knee.
Mike77
Excellent guide Stevo, thanks very much. Can you just confirm if the component actually goes back into its location after being tie wrapped, or does it just sit attatched to the wiring loom, which is were mine is now. But at least that horrid noise is a lot less noticeable lol. Thanks again, Mike.
lollapalooza

Actually I think he left the sensor tied to the cables, without putting it back into its location.

I think you'd better but the rubber adapter, because if you leave it tied to the cables it won't measure the temperature correctly.

Mike77

I thought that was the case, because once cable tied to the wires there was no way mine would reach its original housing anyway. I'll look into the rubber adapter, but my heating needs are simple,,, either hot or cold, im not one for fussing about with the constant temp inside the car lol.

lollapalooza

I strongly suggest to buy that adapter, because otherwise the sensor will read the temperature from "inside" the dashboard, and not from the cockpit... and "inside" the dashboard there's no air circulation...

When temperature is hot (i.e. > 30C) and you set 22C, the A/C will always blow cold air, even if the inside temp goes below 22C, because the sensor will always read hot temperature ('cause it's not sucking air from the cockpit).

The opposite  will happen when outside is cold...

fatharry

Actually I think he left the sensor tied to the cables, without putting it back into its location.

I think you'd better but the rubber adapter, because if you leave it tied to the cables it won't measure the temperature correctly.

Can't see this being an issue as the sensor is still sitting in the same cavity !

I'll let you know as soon as I've done mine . :)

rioch

Does anyone have a good link for that part. It's extremely hard to find. All websites I've tried don't recognise that part number.

lollapalooza

I think you can buy that item only from official Ford dealers.

Stoney871
I can confirm the adaptor's part (Finis) number is 1736143 and will cost about £3.60 from a Ford parts counter.
fatharry

Just put mine into Fords, had a new sensor fitted. £100 job done.

Not worth mucking around with.

lollapalooza

3 vs 100 ... DIY is better :-D

alexandjen

Took my sensor out, found it to be caked with dust - cleaned it with contact cleaner, put it all back together and it's as quiet as a mouse now  :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.