Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front End Knocking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
david295
Since I have had the car, there has been a knocking coming fron front drivers side, garage replaced drop link, but its still doing it.

I have checked anti roll bar bushes, they look fine, checked wishbone bushes they look fine, i used a bar to put pressure on them, and they dont move.

If i have my foot on clutch going over spped bump, i can feel what ever it is knocking, it feels like its knocking against clutch pedal.
dezwez
[quote name='david295' timestamp='1338447620' post='184889']
Since I have had the car, there has been a knocking coming fron front drivers side, garage replaced drop link, but its still doing it.

I have checked anti roll bar bushes, they look fine, checked wishbone bushes they look fine, i used a bar to put pressure on them, and they dont move.

If i have my foot on clutch going over spped bump, i can feel what ever it is knocking, it feels like its knocking against clutch pedal.
[/quote] have you cheaked the engine mounts
david295
No i havent, also forgot to say, when i go over a speed bump, it sounds like the front of car has drop on top of wheel, it that kind of sound am getting aswell.
btmaldon
[size=5][sub]Do you get the knocking noise on small bumps or slightly uneven road surfaces? Not just bigger bumps like speed bumps.[/sub][/size]

[size=5][sub]If so it could be the suspension top mounts.[/sub][/size]
0o0bumble0o0
sound like what i had check to see if your springs arnt broke i had a peice of spring right at the top about 2 inch long broke off and it sounds like what ur describing
david295
will check when rain stops, yes i get noise even going over small bumbs or uneven roads

Full Colour Version: Front End Knocking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.