Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temperature Gauge Help!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
DC1982
Hi Guys

Mk3 TDCI (115)

Temperature gauge was showing erratic readings - would take ages to get to normal operating temperature then would drop down back to 60c and then just keep moving between 60 and 90c.

I have changed the thermostat and the cylinder head sensor and changed the coolant but problem hasnt gone away - No idea what else it could be short of the actual dash display being faulty ?

Any ideas?

Thanks
ppeter7
what about rad sensor??
mintalkin
this is usually down to the second stat playing up, its knows as the oil cooler stat.
DC1982
Yep spot on - I replaced the Oil Cooler thermostat which cost me £23 and it now works perfectly!
mintalkin
glad you got it sorted
colinellis

Well Looks like Im going to have to change my Oil Thermostat :-( did the coolant one today after the temp gauge just stopped reading now it goes up to 60 when driving at 60 - 80 mph then drops back down to 0 when I slow down or stop :-(  Ah well back to the drawing board 

colinellis

Well thats the Oil Cooler Thermostat changed and I even got the Time served Technician saying " Nope wont be that it will be your Temperature switch 100% " So being my usual stubborn self i bought the part fitted it and Ta Da i have a healthy temperature gauge again  :D  Score 1 to me 0 to the chaps in the "know".  As a added bonus I even cleaned the inlet manifold up a bit with some rags n carb cleaner as I had removed it to improve the access to the thermostat Good day all round me thinks  :driving:

Full Colour Version: Temperature Gauge Help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615