Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: brake upgrage
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bigtoph
hey all looking for some help here

i am just wonderin if there is an upgrade front brake kit from ie maybe the st170 or rs and if they do do they take much work to get these to fit this is my first ford i am used to honda which were easy mods so any help is really helpfull so thanks in advance cheers
SierraYankee99
[quote name='bigtoph' post='11531' date='Feb 8 2009, 11:25 AM']hey all looking for some help here

i am just wonderin if there is an upgrade front brake kit from ie maybe the st170 or rs and if they do do they take much work to get these to fit this is my first ford i am used to honda which were easy mods so any help is really helpfull so thanks in advance cheers[/quote]

ST brakes will fit but are VERY expensive. Last time I heard brake discs were around 140. Then I think the callipers are different too. You can get excellent aftermarket brakes for less than that.
bigtoph
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='11535' date='Feb 8 2009, 12:28 PM']ST brakes will fit but are VERY expensive. Last time I heard brake discs were around 140. Then I think the callipers are different too. You can get excellent aftermarket brakes for less than that.[/quote]

cheers man the only reason i liked the idea of the st170 brakes is that they are 300mm discs as my focus has a set of 18s on it and the discs looked tiny behind them i was told that u needed to change the hubs also but i am totally new to this so i just wanted to see what my options are dont really wanna shell out a grand plus for brembro or any of those brakes i found a company that can supply the calipers for 250 but i wanted to check everything out befor i start spendin money and cheers for the reply
SierraYankee99
[quote name='bigtoph' post='11536' date='Feb 8 2009, 12:34 PM']cheers man the only reason i liked the idea of the st170 brakes is that they are 300mm discs as my focus has a set of 18s on it and the discs looked tiny behind them i was told that u needed to change the hubs also but i am totally new to this so i just wanted to see what my options are dont really wanna shell out a grand plus for brembro or any of those brakes i found a company that can supply the calipers for 250 but i wanted to check everything out befor i start spendin money and cheers for the reply[/quote]

Now you mention that, I do think you need to change the hubs too.
LastOfTheRunaways
And just to revive this - Are there any other brake updgrades that could be done using other Ford parts? Such as brakes from a V6 Mondeo etc?

Full Colour Version: brake upgrage
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615