Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Gauge Proplem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
solarman
Hi all,

I filled up my 61 plate focus tdci on friday and the fuel gauge showed full with 400 miles to empty displayed on the digital display. My problem is that ive now done 50 miles and the miles to empty is counting up instead of down so is now showing 434 miles to empty.

Any ideas ??

This is the first time ive filled my tank fully, ie so the petrol pump nozzle clicks.

Cheers
Stoney871
Hi, what you have to remember is the fuel miles display is an estimation of range taking into consideration speed and revs.
If you have been doing a lot of motorway driving rather than around town then the fuel range may well go up.
Is your physical fuel gauge still dropping as it should?
Have a look also at your MPG display, that will show your true economy and will allow to calculate whether your digital guage is accurate.
btmaldon
As Stoney said. My petrol Focus normally shows between 430 and 450 when I fill up. A TDCI will definately have more than 400 miles to a tank. When you first buy the car the dealer only puts a few pounds worth in and with the few miles it would have been driven, the average mpg is likely to be very low. So the system having used that as an average when you filled up would have been way off the mark.
ChrisH
I always fill to brim every week. Sometimes it tells me it will do 550odd miles, but this varies, and buy end of week it can be telling me over 600... As stonie said, as long as the actual gauge is working, the est miles is exactly that, an estimate. Dont worry about it mate
ChrisH
I always fill to brim every week. Sometimes it tells me it will do 550odd miles, but this varies, and buy end of week it can be telling me over 600... As stonie said, as long as the actual gauge is working, the est miles is exactly that, an estimate. Dont worry about it mate
solarman
Hey Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Ill keep a check on my actual fuel gauge as stated and let you know how i get on.

Thanks again

Full Colour Version: Fuel Gauge Proplem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615