Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rain Water Leaking In To Front Passanger Foot Wall.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Biplob
Hi, I have a problem with my ford focus zetec 2004, I bought it last week, since yesterday I find out during the rain, big puddle of water is in the passenger foot wall, I was surprised & tried to contact with the previous owner, but no response, could anyone help me? where the water is coming from & how to resolve the problem, how much this will cost. I'm very upset. please help me!!!
Stoney871
The general cause of your leak is the pollen filter seal, unfortunately it's a common occurrence after a pollen filter has been replaced.
When a pollen filter is replaced on your car the seal should be replaced at the same time.
The filter is reached by removing the scuttle panel on the passenger side of the windscreen near the wiper.
The filter and seal will be visible beneath it and i guarantee that is where the problem lies.
There is no real quick fix, the seal needs to be changed for total peace of mind.
The Ford part (Finis) number for the seal is [b][u]1316193[/u][/b] and is usually a stock part in a Ford spares department.
If you require a new pollen filter as well (if it's soaked) the finis number is [u][b]1121106[/b][/u]
The scuttle cover is finis number [u][b]1320540[/b][/u].
If you really want to be sure to avoid future leaks there is a modified scuttle cover available as a kit with the seal and filter here-

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK1-N-S-Pollen-Filter-Cover-Seal-/220669808595?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3360f20fd3"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK1-N-S-Pollen-Filter-Cover-Seal-/220669808595?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3360f20fd3[/url]

Hope that's of help to you.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.