Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus Wagon 2005 Tailgate Lock Cannot Open
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Hans Yin
Hi All,

I'm new to here, hopefully I'm posting at the right place and thanks for any help in advance.

My 2005 ford focus wagon tailgate cannot open suddenly, I cannot open the lock with the remote, cannot open it with the button on the dashboard, and cannot open it with the button on the tailgate, the only way I can open it is inserting my key to the key hole on the tailgate. The remote works for all other 4 doors, and I can hear a tita-tita sound under the dashboard when I click the tailgate button on the remote.

After google for long time, I think problem is my tailgate lock motor. I spent another two hours to remove my plastic trim on my tailgate, took a close look at my tailgate lock motor, cannot see any problem, unplug the cable and then plug it again, problem is still there.

Anyone could tell me how to detect/confirm the lock motor get broken and I have to replace it to a new one? and, how to replace it, any tip? Or, I might be totally wrong, there should be another problem?

Thanks a lot!
Stoney871
Hi, welcome.
A common problem is the wire snapping in the rubber umbilical between the roof and the tailgate.
The insulation gets brittle and repeated opening causes the insulation to snap the wire.
take the car to an auto electrician and they will be able to patch any wires that are damaged.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615