Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turtle Wax Interior Shine Did This
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Drich290195
Not impressed at all any ideas where to get a new one from fRom for my mk2 focus

[IMG]http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g349/drich290195/bf266914.jpg[/IMG]
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I would make a claim on the retailer for selling a product that damaged your car rather than doing the job it was sold for.[/font][/size][/color] [color=#ff0000][size=6]"It didn't do what it said on the tin"[/size][/color] :(
gregers
as above but id also send an email to turtle wax themselves,im sure they would like to investigate JUST incase they have/had a problem with a certain batch?
Drich290195
MY do that I quickly wiped it of the rest of my dash to avoid any costly mistakeS
jeebowhite
Definately take it up with the manufacturer, that is appalling. Unfortunately they go with the line of "always test on an inconspicous space" that may help to cover there backs... but send the comments and see what comes back!
Drich290195
yeah i noticed that on the baack please test in a non obvious place but surley thats like acid

jeebowhite
Agreed, and as the damage is done, it gives you something to use as ammo, the whole point of "test on an inconspicuous place" should be seen more as an "if it goes wrong, it wont destroy the look of the car" as opposed to anything else. But as the damage has been done, I would source the price of a replacement part from Ford directly, and submit a detailed complaint with pictures and demand that due to the nature of their product, you are seeking compensation to the tune of a new part for the damage to your property.
ManxKat
I stupidly hung a magic tree from one of the dials on my stereo in my last car, and where it hung and touched one of the dials it had a similar effect to that. Sort of melted the plastic! My fault though, I won't be doing that again!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.