Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbia Ka Owner Questions
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
bettyblooper
Hi There,
I have recently brought my first car a KA2 Collection it's an X-Reg and I would like to know if I can straight swap the 5000 radio cassette for a 6000 CD player?

Also...

Can anyone clarify if there is only one standard colour silver interior trim for the car of my age or is there a light silver and a darker gun metal coloured trim? I am trying to match the CD player to exsisting trim

Thanks for anyhelp

Tracy
Stoney871
I'm assuming that your current radio and fascia is the standard all in one unit as per standard Ka?
There are a few Ka shaped 6000cd radios on eBay but also adaptor plates for single din replacement radios in varying colours.
Loom adaptors are also readily available.
btmaldon
The KA shaped 6000cd player will be a straight swap. I changed ours when we owned one years ago, and it uses the same connection.

Alternatively do what Stoney suggests and buy a single din unit, connection adaptor and facia adaptor. That way you can have a more modern unit in the motor.

Full Colour Version: Newbia Ka Owner Questions
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615