Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cd6000 Change
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
beamish02
Hi, I did have a look to see if there was any similar topic but I couldn't find one that had the answer I need.

I have just removed my CD6000 and want to replace it with a sony BT2900, however as it is a single din replacement I have some problems with the wiring, can anyone point me in the right direction for an adaptor or a guide on how to rewire to fit the sony connectors, I have searched but I cannot find anything usefull.

Thanks,
Stoney871
Search eBay for an iso adaptor from the Ford quadlock connector to the Sony radio.
Make sure it is for a Ford as apparently the Vauxhall (spit) connectors are the same type just wired differently.
FocusGhia16V
Halfords should be able to help out but in general terms you will need a "patch" lead (if you have steering wheel controls) and also a harness adaptor.

I bought a Pioneer (doesnt work with my steering controls!....but far outweighed by Bluetooth/Parrot phone ability which is excellant) and only required a facia adaptor and a harness adaptor PC2-08-4 (They are around £16 in Halfords but Halfords online less than £4). I think the Sony has no probs with steering controls so you may need a differant harness and therefore wont require PC2-08-04.

Mine is a 2001 Focus Ghia and I got the facia adaptor from ebay (Celsus AFC5137 Facia)...excellant fit and has a little pocket to put phone/iphone in.

Main thing is not to buy from a Halfords store until you've check price online.

Full Colour Version: Cd6000 Change
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.