Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fiesta Engine Changed No Spark From Coil Pack
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Chris Rudd
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]i have changed a engine from an r reg fiesta to a t reg fiesta and no have no spark from the coil i have put a meter on the plug and am getting 12 volt on the middle pin and 4. something on the outer ones when cranking the engine some one has told me i have to change the flywheel as the postion of the crank sensor points could be different is this correct i was hoping not to pull the gearbox out again the fly wheels looked the same by eye when we connected them has anyone got any ideas [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]well its not the flywheel as we changed it yesterday only to find it was the same so ive now ruled that out i did not change ecu as of yet [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]i changed the coil pack from a another fiesta i have and both are working as i put the coil pack from the fiesta with no spark into the other car it works fine so i can rule that out too [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]my aim today is to get an another ecu but before that im going to try a different key i have for the care im wondering maybe the key is not sending to the ecu its just a thought though i cant see that but at the mo ill try anything [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]also i presume that if the coil pack has power getting to it it CANT be the immobiliser can it, what do u think as the little red light on the clock goes out so i think thats ok [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]the fuel pump is wirring as i turn on the ignition so that seems fine[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]also when i changed the engine, the loom that went to the injectors and and coil pack and the trottle sensor the connection was different where u connect it to the bulk head on my car i has a square connector block, the one on the engine had a round one so i changed that i cant see that making a difference can you?[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]could the ecu be fried now this is what someone has mentioned after the engine change[/size][/font][/color]
swhite87
have you checked the earth going to the block????
stef123
is the crank sensor the same type/position?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.