Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loose Brake Disc
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Focus_IRE
Hello everyone, can anyone give me advise on why my brake disc would become loose? I heard rattling coming from drivers wheel thought it might have been a few things so I took off the wheel and shook the disc and it is loose, what can I do? Car still under warranty anyway! Help please :-/
ChrisH
The disks on these cars are actually held on by the wheelnuts when the wheel is on, are you sure the rattle is not coming from the shield behind the disk? rattles can be transmitted from anywhere, but if it sound like its coming from underneath, its more likely to be a loose heatshield.
Focus_IRE
Dont know actually Chris mate didnt check that just even with wheel on that it rattles mad when hittin small bumps on road and things may be the shield i need to check so
Mike77
I've just had the exact same problem, rattled like mad over even the smallest of bumps, mine turned out to be 'cheap' brake pads. Once I had the wheel off I could wiggle them around inside the caliper, new set fitted nice and snug, problem solved... It would be the first place I would look.
james_60
were they cheap ford ones lol

Jamie
Mike77
More then likely lol. Whatever they were they were loose, its all good now though ;-)

Full Colour Version: Loose Brake Disc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.