Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do I Get My New Screen Clean?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Podzak
Aye, I know it's daft but I've recently had a new windscreen fitted and I can't get the inside clean.
I've tried household glass/window cleaner, car screen wipes, a microfiber gadget on a stick that makes good contact with the glass but "no".
The inside still seems to have some kind of smearing on it.
I've sprayed, wiped, rubbed and polished and I certainly know how to clean stuff cos I've been in the army y'know! TWICE !!! :ph34r:
Does Autoglass use some kind of 2nd rate "oily" glass that can't be cleaned?
I've used Rain-X, Astonish and Good Year Anti Smear "ha!" :wacko: Screen wipes.
All to no avail. :mellow:

Help
DanGull
Go old school - white vinegar and clean with newspaper. If you have a steam cleaner, that's also an option.

If you're using Rain-X style products on the inside, that's the root of your problem...
Podzak
Ty but this was rain X glass cleaner, not the rain repellant.
I'll see if my neighbour has some.
Don't want to buy a whole bottle, just for one job. :rolleyes:
TDCiST
AutoGlym Car Glass Polish.... I use it and it dries like normal polish then you buff it off... so absorbs oily stuff..
Podzak
[quote name='TDCiST' timestamp='1339334944' post='186589'] AutoGlym Car Glass Polish.... I use it and it dries like normal polish then you buff it off... so absorbs oily stuff.. [/quote]
Thank you.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.