Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2006 Focus Engine System Fault
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Ryman
Hi Everyone,

After having my car broken into Monday morning, this is really the last thing I need, hopefully it's a small issue.

Went to start my car this morning, nothing came from the engine except a fast paced clicking sound. This was followed up by an 'Engine Systems Fault' message displayed on the digital display.
I'm hoping this might just be a flat battery given that if it were anything else I would've thought the engine would try to tick over. Would the error message I encountered come up for something as fickle as a flat battery?

Also, the car went in for a window replacement after the break in. Worked fine taking the car home and later in the evening, could this be a factor.

Would very much appreciate some help as I'm at my wits end, am lost without a vehicle.

Thanks a lot

Ryan
stef123
The clicking could be the solenoid on the starter motor, this would indicate that you could have a flat battery
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]It sounds like a flat battery, but when my battery failed I did not get a system error message on the dash.[/font][/size][/color]
Ryman
[quote name='NorthSussex' timestamp='1340186570' post='188135']
[color=#0000FF][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]It sounds like a flat battery, but when my battery failed I did not get a system error message on the dash.[/font][/size][/color]
[/quote]

What model is your Focus?
NorthSussex
[quote name='Ryman' timestamp='1340192968' post='188146']
What model is your Focus?
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I.8 petrol 2008 58 plate Titanium estate.[/font][/size][/color]
Gemma1984
With my focus that sound and light had meant my starter motor went could possibly be Same :-S xx
stef123
i guess the light is coming on because the system has detected a low voltage.
darren51274
Hi, yes the flat battery does sometimes cause the error message on the dash. i had a battery on my focus that would just about still start the car but would give that message on the dash when it started. new battery and all was fine.
William Crossey
engine systems fault is regurly caused by the car failing to start and or low flat battery, if you jump start the car and go for a drive to charge the battery the engine systems fault will display the whole length of the drive then when you swith the car off and restart the car it will cancel the error message and alls good, could have been caused by a light left on or a door left on a latch etc, newer fords need to detect over the 12 volts to to be able to turn the starter and not cause any warnings and if your battery dorps even just a little most systems dont even allow the starter to turn even slowly..

Full Colour Version: 2006 Focus Engine System Fault
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.