Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: High Pitched Whistle
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
afx79
Hi everybody

Hope you can help me with another issue i have discovered with my focus. I may be a bit paranoid as ive had a few issues with the car but so far the advice from the forum has been superb.

During engine idle i notice a high pitched whistle come from the engine area. I have my theories what it could be but would rather hear from your guys first.

Hoping for your advise again.
Lenny
[quote name='afx79' timestamp='1340305337' post='188391']
Hi everybody
Hope you can help me with another issue i have discovered with my focus. I may be a bit paranoid as ive had a few issues with the car but so far the advice from the forum has been superb.
During engine idle i notice a high pitched whistle come from the engine area. I have my theories what it could be but would rather hear from your guys first.
Hoping for your advise again.
[/quote]

Hi mate,
have you started the engine then feel around the intercooler and turbo pipes for a hole in the pipe blowing air?
or if its a non turbo focus then it could be the bearings in the altinator or in the power steering pully can cause a wistle like sound.

Full Colour Version: High Pitched Whistle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.