Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Start Button / Audio Question
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
mitch84
Hi

I have always wondered if its possible to keep the radio on when I turn my cars engine off.

I have the keyless start button and every time I press it to turn off the engine everything goes off as well.

Is there a way to turn just the engine off when pressing it?

thanks
Stoney871
Usually you can press the radio power button to enable the radio for one hour.
mitch84
hi

Yeah I do that , I know its not a pain to do , it would just be good if it wouldn't turn off when I press the start button , cant have everything :)

cheers
Stoney871
I suppose you could disconnect the ignition link at the back of the radio loom but is it really worth all the effort for something that only requires a push of a button?
Wickwick10_1
[quote name='mitch84' timestamp='1340369494' post='188503']
Hi

I have always wondered if its possible to keep the radio on when I turn my cars engine off.

I have the keyless start button and every time I press it to turn off the engine everything goes off as well.

Is there a way to turn just the engine off when pressing it?

thanks
[/quote]
I just press the button again - pre ignition so radio is on then press ok on steering wheel as car screen will tell you door open and keyless is engaged !
NorthSussex
[quote name='Wickwick10_1' timestamp='1340391671' post='188550']
I just press the button again - pre ignition so radio is on then press ok on steering wheel as car screen will tell you door open and keyless is engaged !
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Wouldn't it be easier just to turn the radio back on for the 1 hour countdown as Stoney suggested? <_< [/font][/size][/color]
alkyz89
soz if im wrong but when you start the engine you have to put clutch down right? otherwise you just turn on the power is there not like a reverse to that, like clutch down and off button.... or off button without clutch??? just a suggestion...
Paul Zetec-S
Mines the same but to be honest if it didn't turn off everyone would be forever leaving them on and not noticing.

Full Colour Version: Start Button / Audio Question
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.