Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cmax 2004 2L Tdci Egr Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Swisstonihasher
I know this is a well known issue for the earl focus cmax diesel models but not really found a decent fix for it, I've got the dreaded EGR valve sticking at times you really dont want it to (pulling away at junctions) and only had the car two months....any idea best fix for this without costing the earth? I think there's three options but which is best and most cost effective?

1, replace egr valve with new but believe ecu needs update because valve changed?
2, Try a egr blanking plate? loads listed but anyone tried one? Makes sense as wont matter if egr stuck and ecu will still read as working.
3, Aftermarket egr valve or have ecu reprogrammed, anyone tried this?
mintalkin
if the valve is sticking i would remove and clean the valve and see if this improves things.

Full Colour Version: Cmax 2004 2L Tdci Egr Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615