Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aux Cable Info
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
Bambam Zetec S
Hello My Aux Connection Is Rubbish I Can Wiggle It In The Socket And Sometimes It Will Work? Are These Aux Systems Good Because I Don't Want To Replace It and Waste Money If They Are Rubbish! Does Anyone Have Any Idea?
Thanks
danpan93
Get a better head unit (;
Stoney871
[quote name='Bambam Zetec S' timestamp='1339836542' post='187548']
Hello My Aux Connection Is Rubbish I Can Wiggle It In The Socket And Sometimes It Will Work? Are These Aux Systems Good Because I Don't Want To Replace It and Waste Money If They Are Rubbish! Does Anyone Have Any Idea?
Thanks
[/quote]

The contacts inside the socket don't always align correctly as when fitted, the socket is in 2 parts that clip together but have play between them.
Unfortunately the socket is a one deal fitting, once clipped into place the only way to remove it is to break the clips.
I recommend gaining access to the rear of the socket, pushing the parts tighter and slapping on some glue. Btw, the connection cable plug just pulls out of the inner socket piece.
Bambam Zetec S
Thank You :)
Stoney871
[quote name='Bambam Zetec S' timestamp='1339845470' post='187575']
Thank You :)
[/quote]
Welcome
Bambam Zetec S
What sort of glue did you use or should I use? Should I put the aux connector in 2?
Stoney871
Some small drops of superglue should do it (very small drops) remove the cable plug from the socket and push the two halves of the socket together firmly.
If that doesn't improve the contact alignment then thinning down the face of the socket may be the next option.
Bambam Zetec S
Is the connection problem is it the cable to the socket or the socket itself?
Stoney871
The problem is usually the socket.
You have two parts that clip together and the rear part has the contacts for the 3.5 cable.
If the front and back pieces shift apart slightly when you plug the 3.5 in then the contacts don't line up right.
Bambam Zetec S
Do you know which colour blue and white, green white what is left and what is right?
Bambam Zetec S
I have a new aux cable from te radio to the aux connector I just wondered weather anyone knew which colour cable was which.
I have a white and green cable
I have a blue and white cable
Stoney871
Blue and white is left channel, green and white is right channel, black is common/ground wire.
Bambam Zetec S
Thank You Very Much Great Help :)
Stoney871
[quote name='Bambam Zetec S' timestamp='1340545044' post='188774']
Thank You Very Much Great Help :)
[/quote]

You're very welcome. ;)

Full Colour Version: Aux Cable Info
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.