Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manifold Downpipe Leaking
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
Raj Kirpalani
Hi my car has just failed its MOT because its leaking exhaust gases from the manifold downpipe (flexible pipe that contains manifold and down pipe) at the front just before the CAT. My question is does anyone know if there is any difference in quality between the genuine ford part from a dealer and the ones supplied from kwi fit and ATs etc. Ford dealer quoting me 300 pounds to supply and fit, kwik fit £190.Also does anyone know where to get ford car parts at a discount price?ThanksRaj
Stoney871
Check eBay for a replacement part yourself.
You could likely do the job, it's usually only a half dozen bolts and a couple of gaskets.
stef123
The ford part will be of better quality and a good fit compared with an aftermarket part but if you stick to a known brand you will be fine.
I paid 100 including gaskets for the last one I done.
With manifolds, they are secured with studs and nuts. The nut will either unscrew or the stud will come out the head. Either way it gives you 2 chances to remove each.
Quite an easy job

Full Colour Version: Manifold Downpipe Leaking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615