Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Focus CL keys, should it not have remote keys?
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
cartref
Hi, I'm new and I have a Focus CL TDDi Vreg four door and I already have a question!!
Can anyone confirm whether my CL should have remote three button keys or was it such a basic car from new that FORD did not think it was worth the effort and only allowed the manual key???
I bought it secondhand so it only came with one manual key and no handbook!
stef123
[quote name='cartref' post='11812' date='Feb 11 2009, 04:24 PM']Hi, I'm new and I have a Focus CL TDDi Vreg four door and I already have a question!!
Can anyone confirm whether my CL should have remote three button keys or was it such a basic car from new that FORD did not think it was worth the effort and only allowed the manual key???
I bought it secondhand so it only came with one manual key and no handbook![/quote]

not all models had the remotre locking, my dads CL didnt have it either and it was a Y reg
cartref
oh,oh- looks like I've made a big mistake, I've got 2 keys coming from ebay which cost me approx. 45 and now I find that my car is too basic to have these remote keys!!!!!!!!!
stef123
[quote name='cartref' post='11832' date='Feb 11 2009, 07:36 PM']oh,oh- looks like I've made a big mistake, I've got 2 keys coming from ebay which cost me approx. 45 and now I find that my car is too basic to have these remote keys!!!!!!!!![/quote]

unless anyone knows otherwise i would suggest your car doesnt have remote locking

oh dear, i suggest you contact the seller ASAP and ask to cancel the order but pay something towards relisting fees. usually if i make a cock up on ebay i offer to pay the postage if its not massive.

if you do order a second or third key, you need 2 keys that can start your engine to programme any new ones. so you would need to take a trip to ford to get them cut and programmed. i got a quote today for 2 new keys cut and programmed, 150 but thats the remote type. 100 if i supply the keys.
cartref
I'll just put the keys back on ebay.
I asked my local main dealer Ford last week whether they could get me the remote keys for my car- they took my Number plate and VIN numbers and said no problem - 160 for two keys.
Today I asked them to confirm this and reminded them it was a CL model and they said to ring back tomorrow to confirm it!!!
SierraYankee99
I can confirm remote central locking is not a standard feature of the CL spec focus.
stef123
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='11860' date='Feb 12 2009, 09:59 AM']I can confirm remote central locking is not a standard feature of the CL spec focus.[/quote]

thanks for that SierraYankee99

ive just noticed, did you get your name from one of the many police programmes on tv? :P possibly sky cops? :P
SierraYankee99
No, I got it originally when I joined FFOC back in 2004. Wanted a really original name that no-one ever had. As I was thinking the local police helicopter (SierraYankee99) hovered above my house. Thats how it began and its stuck with me all along through the different clubs.
stef123
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='11864' date='Feb 12 2009, 10:09 AM']No, I got it originally when I joined FFOC back in 2004. Wanted a really original name that no-one ever had. As I was thinking the local police helicopter (SierraYankee99) hovered above my house. Thats how it began and its stuck with me all along through the different clubs.[/quote]

ahh cool, very good.
SierraYankee99
Lol, yes even some of my mates call me Sierra or Yankee
cartref
Ok thanks for all the help, I fixed the problem by buying remote unlock from Ebay and it took me 20 minutes to install it, all for 55 I now have two remote blippers that lock and unlock the car!!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615