Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ka Convertible Hood Lid Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
guzzy1962
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#FFFFFF][b][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Times New Roman"]Can anyone out there help please, I cannot open roof storage lid on my daughters KA Convertible, normally I would press the button on the driver’s side door frame and that would open the lid to store the roof, but now when I press that button it does not open.[/font][/color][/size][/b][/color][/size][/font][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#FFFFFF][b][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Times New Roman"]I can open the lid manually from inside the boot, so mechanically everything works, but if you store the roof it blocks access to the mechanism, so you can't open the lid to get the roof back up.[/font][/color][/size][/b][/color][/size][/font][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#FFFFFF][b][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Times New Roman"]I think it’s either the switch itself or the switch mounted under the lid which moves the locking mechanism (see attachment). [/font][/color][/size][/b][/color][/size][/font][/b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3][color=#000000][b][font=Verdana][size=2][color=#FFFFFF][size="3"][color="#000000"][font="Times New Roman"][b]Anyone else had the same issue or knows how to fix the problem?[/b][/font][/color][/size][/color][/size][/font][/b][/color][/size][/font]
Stoney871
I've not had any experience with the Ka but it's likely to be either the actuator (motor), or as you said the switches.
Are you able to test if any power reaches the actuator when the button is pressed?
guzzy1962
I will borrow a multimetre from work on the weekend and check it out. Thanks
nickdando
Is the cable plugged into the socket on the tonneau cover release? This need to be disconnected when putting on the hard top to prevent the switch behind the driver's seat from working.

Nick
Frogmella22
Hi Just wanted to know if you got this sorted as my KA has done the same! Thanks

Full Colour Version: Ka Convertible Hood Lid Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.