Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low Profile Tyres
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
pulteneyman
Hi I live in Spain and really enjoy using my Streetka in the sun
IT IS FITTED WITH 195 45 r16 34v TYRES -- WHICH GIVE GREAT GRIP -THERE ARE SO MANY SPEED BUMPS THAT THE TRACKING IS ALWAYS BEING KNOCKED OUT ALSO THE RIDE IS VERY FIRM .CAN I FIT A DEEPER PROFILE TYRE TO ABSORB THE BUMPS BETTER
MANY THANKS pulteneyman
Lenny
[quote name='pulteneyman' timestamp='1340900238' post='189663']
Hi I live in Spain and really enjoy using my Streetka in the sun
IT IS FITTED WITH 195 45 r16 34v TYRES -- WHICH GIVE GREAT GRIP -THERE ARE SO MANY SPEED BUMPS THAT THE TRACKING IS ALWAYS BEING KNOCKED OUT ALSO THE RIDE IS VERY FIRM .CAN I FIT A DEEPER PROFILE TYRE TO ABSORB THE BUMPS BETTER
MANY THANKS pulteneyman
[/quote]

hi,
you may be able to fit some 195/55/R16's but you may also wish to check the wheels are not buckled due to the knocking on the speed bumps, if they are buckled they can cause your alignment to be off continuously
martyntdci
if your upping the wall hight, id personally downsize the rim. so go for a 15"?? i know when you go lower profile you go bigger rim, so i would of thought vise versa.... i tried this on a scoob i used to have, and it didnt work, the tyres were scraping on every chance they could escpecially with load on the rear and turning circle on the front........ they were obv the worst times

Full Colour Version: Low Profile Tyres
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.