Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pollen Filter
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Drich290195
Now iv seen the pictures from the other thread for locating it but can't work it out is it below where the glove box should sit or to the side of it , also it should have been changed at its last service 7k ago not so sure though cause how fast should it blow on setting 4 I'm sure it does not blow as hard as my mk1 , no pun intended.
Lenny
[quote name='Drich290195' timestamp='1340915842' post='189726']
Now iv seen the pictures from the other thread for locating it but can't work it out is it below where the glove box should sit or to the side of it , also it should have been changed at its last service 7k ago not so sure though cause how fast should it blow on setting 4 I'm sure it does not blow as hard as my mk1 , no pun intended.
[/quote]

if their is no smell like wet socks then its ok and doesnt need changing mate,
the seal around it is hard to get right and if not sealed properly it will leak and cause you alot of trouble trying to seal it again,
i find the fan good and full preissure is only noticed when you have it set to come out of the four dash vents but is very good on that setting at number 4, equivalent to driving at 35mph with the windows down lol
catch
[quote name='Drich290195' timestamp='1340915842' post='189726']
Now iv seen the pictures from the other thread for locating it but can't work it out is it below where the glove box should sit or to the side of it [/quote]

The above begs the question, why on earth open another thread on the subject? Surely better it was asked on that thread, so that others seeking advice could relate to the photos you refer to. Instead of scratching their heads thinking....what other thread, what photo's.

All the info you need is on that thread, just take the time to re read it if it ain't sunk in.

Lenny, you appear to be referring to a Mk1 Focus pollen filter housing, the OP has a Mk2, there is no seal on the Mk2 housing.
Lenny
[quote name='catch' timestamp='1340922097' post='189776']
Lenny, you appear to be referring to a Mk1 Focus pollen filter housing, the OP has a Mk2, there is no seal on the Mk2 housing.
[/quote]

Thanks mate,
i wasnt aware that the mk2 pollen filter housing is not prone to leaks due to a bad seal in the housing like the mk1 pollen filter housing is,[url="http://focusowners-social.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=10&t=2891#"][img]http://focusowners-social.com/forum/images/smilies/facepalm.gif[/img][/url]
stef123
The mk2 filter is 'behind' the dash. You need to lower the fusebox and remove the bracket, then it's 3 or 4 screws to remove. It's a PITA but doable in 5-10mins.
Drich290195
I opened another as the pictures were unclear to me I wanted some clarification Im sorry for the extra thread
Drich290195
I opened another as the pictures were unclear to me I wanted some clarification Im sorry for the extra thread
catch
Drich290195,

I'm not getting at you mate, I mean I did those four photo's to assist other members wanting to tackle the job. It was a first time pollen filter change attempt for me also.

I'm determined to help you, but without my brain taking over the functions your brain should be fulfilling. I'll put it another way ................the brain is like the body, exercise it and it becomes more powerful.

Just study the two glove box aperture photos, it's screaming out at you where it is situated. ......... :ph34r:
artscot79
how i do them remove first the side kick panel at the side of the gearstick ie the console 2 torq screws to remove.
now look under the glovebox no need to remove it though some find it easier and turn the 2 screws and drop the fusebox
remove the 2x 13mm bolts that hold the bracket on
the pollen filter on youre right hand side with a letterbox shaped plastic cover with 3 small 6mm bolts bolts
the bottom one is easy for the other 2 i found it easier to lie on my back looking up and remove the other 2 bolts the cover comes off and the pollen filter slots out pay attention to how the original sits ie what direction it faces this is a good time to remove any small bits of tree or leaves replace filter and replace the bolts replace fuse box bracket and fuse box side kickplate and youre done

Full Colour Version: Pollen Filter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615