Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help On Hid Kits And Footwell Lighting
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
SwansJasper
Hi im new to this and ive seen alot about hid kits and footwell lighting just wondered if someone can tell me a bit more about it and how to do it etc maybe a few pics Thanks
gc88
Hey,

If you have a 2010 zetec S then there should be sockets and wiring in your driver and passanger footwells ( at least there was in mine. )

Look for a bulb holder (hard to see) in the front footwells. They are closer to the centre than the outside of the car.

This is what they look like:

[IMG]http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w365/gavc88/footwelllights.jpg[/IMG]

Just plug a 501 bulb in, or a LED equiv. (bear in mind you might have to turn the LED as they have + and -'s)

And for HID's -

I await someone else to tell you (so i can learn)

And welcome :)
fordieashx
In reply to the HIDs, in my opinion i wouldn't bother unless you had washers and adjustable headlamps as HIDs are now a fail in your cars MOT. Aswell as being illegal (as of April I think) the police can now pull you over and do you for it.

My boyfriend got pulled over the other week, but said he had no clue about them and that they came with the car when he bought it a couple of months ago (which is true.) The police let him off with it just this once as they obviously knew he has only had the car for a little while and he said that he didn't even like them, which he didn't anyway as they were on the verge of green! and the next day he went and bought new (legal) bulbs.
After chatting to the police about fitting the washers and adjustable headlamps etc to make them legal they said that they had a bump with one of their Volvos and to replace the headlamp they were going to be £900...

They also stated that the fine is also around £100! So it's safe to say my other half got of lightly, just aswell the officers were in a good mood.
SwansJasper
Thanks for your replys was really helpfull think il leave them hid's alone then :) was just curious thats all as ive seen alot of posts on here about them
SwansJasper
With regards to the footwell lighting do they stay on constant or ....
.Ryan
No, just when the doors open mate.

On a sidenote, I planned to have HIDs on my Zetec S after it's MOT, but I'm just going to use Mtec Cosmos Blue bulbs instead ;)
gc88
[quote name='Rh1no' timestamp='1341253353' post='190482']
No, just when the doors open mate.

On a sidenote, I planned to have HIDs on my Zetec S after it's MOT, but I'm just going to use Mtec Cosmos Blue bulbs instead ;)
[/quote]
I'll probably do that too mate, but i'll wait until the bulbs have blown i reckon!

[quote name='SwansJasper' timestamp='1341251660' post='190477']
With regards to the footwell lighting do they stay on constant or ....
[/quote]

As said above, they come on and off with the inside courtesy lights! I'm sure you could re wire it (somehow) if you wanted them to be on constantly tho!
Stoney871
To keep them on permanently with headlights you can run one wire to the courtesy light feed and one to the sidelight wire behind the headlight switch but they would distract you when driving.
SwansJasper
Thanks for the replys guys all that swapping wires is abit much for me :) im a complete novice

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.