Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 6000Cd Rds Eon Problem. Help Required.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > General Forums > Audio & Electronics
Col 999
I have the CD working fine, but get no sound when in radio mode. Anyone with an ideas ?
Stoney871
Have you checked the aerial connection?
Col 999
Yes. I have checked that and it seems ok. I was thinking there may be a MUTE setting that could be on, but with the CD being ok, it got me stumped.
Stoney871
Does the radio pick up new stations when you scan?
If not then there has to be an aerial fault anywhere from the connector on the radio all the way up to the aerial mount on the roof.
It could be a corroded wire, a loose connector or even rust/contamination on the roof mount threads.
Worst case is the tuner in the radio has failed.
Col 999
Thanks for that. I picks nothing up at all. I will set to and check through the system as you suggest. Might even swop the unit into my mis uses car ( another mondeo ) to see if it works in there. If all checks out ok, looks like a visit to e-bay. Thanks for your help.
Stoney871
You're welcome.
Make sure you have the radio codes first though.
Col 999
Yes, got them thanks.
Stoney871
Ok bud.
Just wanted to make sure you didn't end up with two radios that didn't work,
;)
Col 999
Just an update. Tested the radio in my other Mondeo. Nothing. Radio must be u/s. Replacement being obtained. Thanks again for the assistance.
Stoney871
Glad you found a solution.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.