Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sidelights/drl
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
t_lex
I've noticed a lot of threads on the forums about installing DRL units, either using DRL relay units to modify the dipped beam or by installing separate LED arrays. What I'm wondering though is whether it is possible (generally) to simply rewire the sidelights to act like DRLs (that is, on when the engine is running, off otherwise).

Thanks!
Lenny
[quote name='t_lex' timestamp='1341344846' post='190782']
I've noticed a lot of threads on the forums about installing DRL units, either using DRL relay units to modify the dipped beam or by installing separate LED arrays. What I'm wondering though is whether it is possible (generally) to simply rewire the sidelights to act like DRLs (that is, on when the engine is running, off otherwise).

Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi,
welcome to the forum, i think this can be done by inserting a fuse in to a specific socket in the interiro fuse board, but im not 100% sure what one it os, hopfully others can advise soon, bit the fog light surround drls are a top class modification cost less than £90 and very easy to fit following preee's guide.
t_lex
[quote name='Lenny' timestamp='1341345792' post='190788']
Hi,
welcome to the forum, i think this can be done by inserting a fuse in to a specific socket in the interiro fuse board, but im not 100% sure what one it os, hopfully others can advise soon, bit the fog light surround drls are a top class modification cost less than £90 and very easy to fit following preee's guide.
[/quote]
Hi Lenny,
Thanks for your reply. I've heard a couple of rumours about the DRL fuses too, but nothing concrete. As far as my Google searching goes, nobody seems to have really tried it. Hopefully someone here will be able to provide some insight.

Full Colour Version: Sidelights/drl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615