Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cracked Driver's Wing Mirror Casing - Fiesta 2012
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > General Ford Related Discussions
ggabu500
I have a new Fiesta Titanium 1.4 3 door auto, which I have just bought new, a couple of months ago.

Yesterday, some idiot overtook me and clipped my driver's wing mirror, cracking the casing and causing a tiny hole about 1/8". The glass is intact and at the moment it all seems to work. However, I am worried about rain getting inside due to it being an electrically folding mirror and that it also has an indicator. The hole is at the bottom, just under where the indicator lamp is.

Do I need to be concerned about it? If so, should I tape it up or get the whole thing replaced?

Thanks for any advice.
jeebowhite
I would say at the bottom is much less risk as anything that gets in would drain through that hole, and it would be difficult to get in anyway.

I would say its unlikely to need the whole thing replacing. If its just the wingmirror cover, you could buy one from Ford primed and/or painted from around £70.00 but I dont think it will cause you too much trouble, a bit of similarly coloured electricians tape should do the job, but long term, its up to you if you want to replace it. The only thing I will say is check if it will invalidate your warranty as far as bodywork is concerned. It sounds stupid, but a small crack / puncture could be deemed as you "not abiding by the terms and conditions of your warranty" which tends to be keeping the bodywork free from defects.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.