Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Knock when acelerating and Decelerating
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
unofon
Help FOCUS TDCI 1.8 03 plate

I have a funny knocking sound when I take my foot off the Accelerator just one knock
I have changed two of the engine mountings the one underneath and the one under the air filter but to no avail
Any sugestions please
old cruiser
[quote name='unofon' post='12007' date='Feb 13 2009, 05:54 PM']Help FOCUS TDCI 1.8 03 plate

I have a funny knocking sound when I take my foot off the Accelerator just one knock
I have changed two of the engine mountings the one underneath and the one under the air filter but to no avail
Any sugestions please[/quote]
Might be worth checking the gearbox mounts as I had something similar on my old MK2 Focus I had.
Cheers Pete
dannyp
coud be worth getting the drive axle checked or the bearin might be wrong mind , you eva gone ove a speed bump too fast ?
unofon
I have changed the gearbox mounting and the mounting under the air filter
It hapens every time you take your foot off the throttle and when and accelerating very annoying have checked everything for tightness

totaly baffled everyone who has heard it
SierraYankee99
Its most likely your pedal box matey. Over time the carpet and deadening beneath them becomes squashed and they start knocking when you're using the pedals. Have come across a few focis with this issue. Not sure how you'd cure it though.
unofon
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='12070' date='Feb 14 2009, 03:31 PM']Its most likely your pedal box matey. Over time the carpet and deadening beneath them becomes squashed and they start knocking when you're using the pedals. Have come across a few focis with this issue. Not sure how you'd cure it though.[/quote]

Thanks will investigate
alz
The most common gearbox mount to go, or come lose is at the bottom rear of the gearbox,,to get to it you have to jack up the car and take off the under shield..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615