Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 53 Plate Tdci 130 Glow Plug Light
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
George Lawrence
I hope someone can advise me with this problem. Traveling up the A1 tonight in the outside lane doing 70. Put my foot down a little and nothing happened except the glow plug light started flashing- no power. Managed to get across to the hard shoulder and realised the engine had cut out. Turned the ignition off then started it again as normal, pulled away and got home with no more problems. Before this happened I did notice that at lower revs the engine sounded a bit throaty, I dont know if this has any bearing. I would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers

George
Podzak
No idea but did you get it sorted and what was the fault?
PeanuckleJive
I had this problem a few months back, it's been linked to a few different problems and like you say, tends to come along once then disappear for a while once you've restarted the engine.

I replaced the camshaft position sensor and that did the job, about £18 altogether and a few minutes work.
George Lawrence
[b]Thanks for this info, I have got the new sensor but my Haines Manual doesn't tell me where it goes. Can someone please give me an idea so I can see if this works.[/b]
[b]Cheers[/b]

[b]George[/b]
PeanuckleJive
Can't believe the haynes manual lists the petrol sensor but not the diesel one!

Anyway, this photo might help a little, sorry I can't be of much more assistance right now. http://www.pc-point.co.uk/images/mondeo/1.jpg

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615