Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: streetka 52. grinding noise coming from steering wheel when its turned moving and stationary. can anyone help please
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
anita-
hi,

Im having a little bit of a problem with my girlfriends streetka.

All of a sudden the steering wheel has started to make what can only be described as a grinding/scraping noise when it is turned. it happens when moving and stationary.

If any one has had a similer problem or can shed some light it would be appreciated

Thanks in advance jordan
mintalkin
first thing to check would be the power steering fluid level as this often causes a grinding noise if it is low. if it is low there must be a leak someware that will need further investigation
Jax
Hello there!

We are a ford ka family and both me and my sister have W reg KAs. We both have this same
problem it seems to come out of nowhere - mine did it just after being serviced so cannot be the
power sterring fluid. I dont think it is anything to worry about as it doesnt affect the general
handling of the car it is just annoying! My sisters doe it a lot more then mine and that has done
lower milege it seems to come and go but I wouldnt worry about it.
TheGrenade
[quote name='Jax' date='17 February 2009 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1234881121' post='12401']
Hello there!

We are a ford ka family and both me and my sister have W reg KAs. We both have this same
problem it seems to come out of nowhere - mine did it just after being serviced so cannot be the
power sterring fluid. I dont think it is anything to worry about as it doesnt affect the general
handling of the car it is just annoying! My sisters doe it a lot more then mine and that has done
lower milege it seems to come and go but I wouldnt worry about it.
[/quote]

The airbag slip ring behind the steering wheel needs some silicon grease this should fix the problem
ofaolain
[quote name='TheGrenade' timestamp='1265266501' post='63275']
The airbag slip ring behind the steering wheel needs some silicon grease this should fix the problem
[/quote]
Hi is this a job for a Garage of can it be done by a normal :)
btmaldon
A normal can do it. The noise is normally caused by a bit of grit or a piece of the mechanism getting stuck in the gap behind the wheel. As TheGrenade said, a bit of grease should do the trick.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615