Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi All, Yet Another Newbie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Welcome to Ford Owners Club > New Member Introductions
Andyman
Hi all, I'm Andy,

Just joined however I dont have a Ford at the moment,
Wife and I want a Focus to replace our 2002 Zafira 1.8 which has been a good reliable car.

Not sure if I should post this here or elsewhere but advice is sought pretty please.

I like the 2009 Zetec S 1.6 or a 2009 Titanium1.6.
Wanted a 1.6tdci but am too scared of the associated issues ie DPF and DMF to name but two hence going for a 1600 petrol,
Not after a rocket (our previous car was a 1600 Audi A4 2002 which was the best car we have ever had-shouldnt have sold it!!).
Just was something that is nippy enough to keep up with traffic and carry us and our two little girls and associated junk lol,
Whilst giving at least 35 mpg.
Seen a decent black titanium on Autotrader at Lookers Ford in Braintree for £8495, seems to have all the spec I want and surely should come with a good warrenty??.
Father in law recently sold his 1.8 Zetec S which I thought looked fab but didnt have much spe, not even rear electric windows which are a "must" for me.
Anyway sorry for waffling on, advice and opinions would really be appreciated.
We live in Ipswich and can only travel around 50/60miles, thoughts please.

Regards Andy.
Stoney871
[IMG]http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m522/stoney871/Gifs/2sgn054groupwelcome.gif[/IMG]
dezwez
[color="#0000FF"][size="5"][font="Times New Roman"]Hi welcome[/font][/size][/color] :)
Paddy H
Hi Andy,
I too was looking for a diesel and TDCI but i noticed my 09 focus zetec s on autotrader one night, i went to look at it and loved it. Its as basic as zetec s come, it even has the front sport lip removed for some reason and it still won me over.

Its nippy off the mark, i dont want a fast fast motor but this does me great, 34mpg, it was 37mpg when i bought it.

Remember visual is nothing, that can be changed, iv come a fair eay with my zetec s over time and have loads more do yet, but its a decent engine, cheap for me and it looks part.

Goodluck in buying a new one. Do let us all know.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615