Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starting Woes Are Back :(
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
stitchly
Hi folks back again!

My 2005 2.0l tdci Focus has once again developed a starting problem.

Basically if dosent fire up with the first turn of key it will take numerous turns to start(easily 20 or so turns!).
When it does start it runs perfectly!

Plenty of life in the battery,and the engine cranks but sometimes wont start.
This problem has been getting worse recently and before I take it to Ford I was hoping some of you could suggest any fixes or ideas to sort this out!
artscot79
usually its the glow plugs or a fault in the wire that links each plug if that applies to youre engine
stitchly
Thanks for the quick reply!

I have new glow plugs in my stockroom(garage!).Bought them ages ago but couldnt find the old ones on the engine!(Yeah I know...what an idiot!)
Where are they on the car?
stef123
with a tdci in this weather at the minute, i really doubt the glow plugs are to blame.

i would guess there is a sensor playing up somewhere or there could be air getting into the fuel system somewhere over a period of time

Full Colour Version: Starting Woes Are Back :(
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615