Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo 2002 2.0 Duratec Misfiring After Getting Wet
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
andy5100
hi guys hope im posting this in right bit,im new here,basically whilst washing my car on sunday my son thought he was helping by pressure washing my engine,it wasnt running but immediatly after stopping him and leaving it for 20 mins i moved car and running really bad,drove him home 30 miles away and eml came on and wasnt running any better,called recovery and he sprayed leads etc reset eml and said my ht leads need replacing,after driving home that night it was much better and on the way to wok next day wasnt bad either,then as soon as i turned it on after work was running reaaly bad again
i brought new plugs and ht leads but still running like a dog,the recovery driver said it was misfiring on cylinder 3.ive disconected battery and reset light but its running bad still and light came back on flashing amber then solid.any ideas pls guys? it was running sweet before all this but now its awfull and stalls when revs drop really low when stopping etc
Stoney871
I'd replace the coil pack too.
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]I had the same symptoms, (No 3 misfiring), on my last Mondeo, and yes it was the coil pack.[/font][/size][/color]
btmaldon
I would disconnect each of the connections to the injectors as well and make sure they are dried out and clean.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.