Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ford Focus 1.4Cl 2002 Problem Oil Spark Plugs
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
chris123456
hi i have a ford focus 1.4cl 2002 reg and have noticed that i have oil in the spark plug chambers (more oil in the two on the right hand side of the engine then the left) and just wondered if anyone knew how to solve this problem and also have black smoke from exhaust when i accelarate i dont know if this is related to the oil in the spark plugs but any help would be good and its petrol but sounds more like a diesel for some reason many thanks chris
Mike77
First question would be,,, when.was it last serviced, properly ??? When you say black smoke, are you sure its not blue ? As this would indicate burning oil. So oil is likely to be leaking through the head into the piston chambers, resulting in blue ish smoke. Other than that try checking the rocker cover gasket for leaks, make sure that isn't the reason for the presence of oil in the plug holes.
stef123
Cam cover gasket
Mike77
[quote name='stef123' timestamp='1343455937' post='197092']
Cam cover gasket
[/quote]
Cam cover/ rocker cover same thing,,,, im OLD SKOOL lol.
stef123
[quote name='Mike77' timestamp='1343479750' post='197138']
Cam cover/ rocker cover same thing,,,, im OLD SKOOL lol.
[/quote]

i never even noticed you had already suggested it tbh.
chris123456
Thank for replys I will check it out don't know if it's related but engine light came on and had it checked and was told I need a new map sensor is that why I could be get smoke from exhaust

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615