Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 04 Focus - Fuel Guage Not Moving, Fuel Light Stays On!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
since1902
Evening all!

Just purchased a 04 Focus 1.6 today from a 'reputable' dealer!

Upon checking the car out, taking for a test drive etc last week, I noticed the Fuel light was on and Guage on the red. The dealer advised this was due to the fact the car was traded-in with next to nothing in the tank. After agreeing to purchase, I collected the car today with apparently £10 fuel put in the tank by the dealer, in order to get me up the road(8 miles). I noticed the Fuel light and Guage where as previously stated, but was reassured upon putting in more fuel in, this would then change.
I made it home, and on route for more fuel later this evening, I suddenly came to a hault!! No fuel in the tank? £10 gone in a mere 10mile drive? It appeared so. I managed to get to a petrol station, fill up a canister of £7, got me going again, drove round to fill up a futher £20....still no movement on the Guage and the Fuel light was still on!! WTF?? Any ideas what the problem could be??

Phonecall to the Dealers in the morn I think, not impressed at all!!

Cheers folks!
Stoney871
Two things obvious here, one- the seller didn't put any fuel I and lied and two- your fuel sender appears knackered or stuck.
Take it back and kick off.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615