Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parcel Shelf On A 2011 Focus Rubbish Design !
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
jamiefordghia
Hi all ! My father in law has a 2011 plate focus ( new shape ) and it seems that the plastic clip that the parcel shelf clips into has snapped ! Ive had a go at fitting it back on but it keeps coming off, so ive had to glue it ( somthing i hate doing on cars ) i drive a 2006 plate mk2 focus and think the old design is better. Has anyone else had this problem?
tomo2001
Nope
tomo2001
But my clutch is slipping LOL !!
jamiefordghia
what on a newish one ?
tomo2001
[quote name='jamiefordghia' timestamp='1343925581' post='198274']
what on a newish one ?
[/quote]

Sorry for thread spoiling but yeah !! 29k 1 year old, squeals like a pig on hill starts.
jamiefordghia
god ! And dnt worry about it just b careful of your parcel shelf they are pants !!!
cuke
Hi, LOL, no problem with my parcel shelf or clutch, and I've not read on anyone else having these issues before as well on different forums. One issue with one car does not make a bad car...
Chris
jamiefordghia
no i agree its a stunning car, was just asking if anyone else has had the same problem !
tomo2001
[quote name='cuke' timestamp='1343932982' post='198305']
One issue with one car does not make a bad car...
Chris
[/quote]

It might do for the owner of that car !! :)

Doesn't bother me as its a co. car and will be handed back in 2yrs time.
DanGull
How about a less than ideal car then Cuke?
artscot79
guy at my work has the same problem the glue didnt last long and it broke again he admits its a cheap design and wouldnt have bothered but with other stuff hes far from impressed. as for actual issues the new foci has a few that arent related to 1 car
Melrose99
New design shelf is rubbish, I lost a clip, dropped off somewhere no doubt! Worst part is that Ford don't sell it as a spare? After searching and digging around a lot found an identical part listed as Nissan Part 015532109E. Go figure? Ordered from eBay fits perfectly, how bizarre. Hope this helps someone else!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.