Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Strut Issue for MOT - Help needed!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford KA / StreetKA Club
yerdusk
Basically my dad has a V reg ka which on the last mot had an advisory for rear suspension struts need attention.
Mot time is now due and there is a large gap (about half an inch or so) between the rubber and the top of the strut in the car.
Does anyone have any idea what we will need to replace? We did think it might just require a spring, but not too sure, so thought I'd ask the experts lol.
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks.
delboy
hi

the rubber mount inside the boot has a gap as std from all the other ka's i have seen.

i have a s reg & it's the same on the front & rear m8.

try a diffrent garage for your mot as this is not a mot faliure from what i have been told
by my local garage.

i maybe wrong but it does sound like your garage want's a bit of work out of you.
orangelead
[quote name='yerdusk' post='12287' date='Feb 16 2009, 03:19 PM']Basically my dad has a V reg ka which on the last mot had an advisory for rear suspension struts need attention.
Mot time is now due and there is a large gap (about half an inch or so) between the rubber and the top of the strut in the car.
Does anyone have any idea what we will need to replace? We did think it might just require a spring, but not too sure, so thought I'd ask the experts lol.
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks.[/quote]
Yeah, just did this job on my w reg KA. Needed to change the top mounting rubbers on both struts. This was easier than the front legs but you still need to remove each strut, use spring compressor, remove circlip, slide off old rubber, put on new, replace circlip and refit. There will still be a gap but around 10mm. I have my doubts whether it needed doping too but got it through the MOT. Parts were aroung 10 each for the rubber mounts.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615