Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Oil For High Mileage Zetec
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
bt_cav
Hi All :D

Was just wondering what oil you would use in my car (see below)

She has covered 155,000 Miles and still drives very well and returns quite reasonable mpg, I change the oil 3 times a year religiously with castrol magnitec ford spec 5-30 fully synthetic. However I did notice in my haynes manual it also had [u]5-40 [/u]as an option. Would this be of any benefit to a higher millage engine or would it cause any problems?

Also

What are your thoughts reguarding using oil additives such as forte oil fortifier etc
I have my concerns using these in engines which use an oil with a low oil viscosity i.e. [u]5-30 [/u]

Many thanks in advance

04 Focus LX
1.6 Petrol 16 valve
engine code FYDB4A.....
artscot79
personaly i dont and never have used oil additives the only diffrence betweem the 2 is the 40 is thicker when warmed up these cars arent the easiest to warm up in cold weather so the 5w30 is what you should use 40 would be if you drive hard all the time fords oil is best its made by castrol and cheaper from ford
Stoney871
5w30 fully synthetic Magnatec all the way.
bt_cav
Cheers guys :D

Artscot79, do you mean that ford oil is cheaper than Magnatec? I get 4ltr for around £24 from costco

Full Colour Version: Best Oil For High Mileage Zetec
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.