Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aircon Question
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Drich290195
I got my car in march and asked for the air con to be regassed it was fine for 2 weeks then blew like a snail. So took it in and they replaced re condenser. All has been fine it kicks in and works ok but it's just not as cold as I'd expect. The mrs dad has a 1.6 petrol focus mine is a 1.8tdci 56 plate. And his blows so much colder. Don't get me wrong it's cold just not as cold as his or what id expect any suggestions guys thanks.
Stoney871
Maybe they didn't top the refrigerant up to the proper volume?
Drich290195
Would they not have had to drain it to change the condenser
Stoney871
Yes they would, it's possible they did a p*ss poor job of refilling it.
artscot79
it can take a few minutes to get properly cold also outside temps do affect how cold the aircon gets colder air passing the condenser colder aircon warmer air then not so cold
Drich290195
Mmmmm does seem a lot different would the engine that's driving it make a difference
artscot79
shouldnt but diesels do run cooler you have to remember the pipes run through the engine bay take a look after a driue youll see the pipes dripping with condensation so they do lose some of the cold.outside temps do make a difference thats why below 9degrees it cant be tested at the vents.

Full Colour Version: Aircon Question
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.