Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Personal Injury Claim - Arrrghh!!
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Focus Club
Steven33
Just got a phone call from a company called Pinpoint Solutions calling to ask about the accident I had in November 2010 (I was stationary at a set of traffic lights and someone ran into the back of me). Anyway the girl gives me a whole story about how if it was a serious accident I would have been offered compensation before but cases like this are kept open and insurance companies set aside money to compensate crash victims with minor injuries. She kept banging on about how you can have little twinges and niggles following an accident and just take pain killers and forget about it. She said I would be intitled to claim between £1000 and £3000. When I told her it was because of companies like the one she works for, encouraging people to claim left right and centre that car insurance was so expensive in the first place. To this she got really aggressive and argumentative. She kept saying "if you read the BBC news website it says car insurance increases are due to more accidents not more claims". I said no it doesnt (I remember reading about it) and autoexpress website backs it up by also investigating and finding that one of the primary factors in the rise in insurance premiums is the claim culture that we have adopted. She then proceeded to ask if I was saying that the BBC website was lying. I then got really angry and told them to shove it up their ****.

Sorry, just had to have a rant!
gc88
Was she a hottie? If so then you know she's got money coming...girlfriend material? ;)
Steven33
haha! well anyone who was as fiery as her on the phone (when SHE phones you) could be girlfriend material... or a total PITA
Brigante
Kind of the same subject, but I'm bloody fed up of getting almost daily texts along the lines of 'We have been trying to contact you regardding your recent accident, we now have details of how much you are due, just reply CONFIRM snd we will call you back' or 'Have you has an accident in the last 3 years? Fault or Non Fault? Claim £5100 Compensation. Free iPad/Ps3 on all claims. Reply CLAIM for info, STOP to opt out'

I never bloody opted in!! And no I'm not stupid to actually send STOP to one of these cause that don't actually do anything but charge for texting them in these cases.

I haven't had any accidents that the insurance companies knows about to be selling details of it on so these people are just pure cold calling in the hope they'll get lucky.

Also get countless 'You could be owed X amount in mis-sold ppi..' well guess what.. I actually am debt free and never taken a loan of any sort out in my life so I never even heard of ppi till these adverts started.

And if anyone saw Watchdog, you would know all these PPI adverts are all bull and you don't need any of them. They make out claiming is a hard and lengthy process so let them do all the work while you just wait for your cheque..

When it's not hard work at all.. All you have to do is write your bank or whoever a letter more or less saying 'you misold me ppi, you owe me money so pay up' and legally they have to. Thats all your paying these ppi companys grands of your own money for, writing a letter.

Reading the very small print of mobile network providers I reckon it is them selling your details straight on the moment you activate your sim card. Noticed this when I got a text from a ppi company when I had only had my new number less than a week and hadn't even given it out or put it anywhere one of these companies could get it, wasn't even on my CV or anything yet.

Sorry if its off topic but theres my little rant over :P
jimrex
[quote name='Brigante' timestamp='1344444956' post='199659']
Also get countless 'You could be owed X amount in mis-sold ppi..' well guess what.. I actually am debt free and never taken a loan of any sort out in my life so I never even heard of ppi till these adverts started.
[/quote]

I get these quite a bit, so much so that I say the same thing back to them each time... "I could claim back how much? Oh really. Well could you tell me where I may have been mis-sold PPI?" "Well sir, have you had a loan?" "No" "Credit card?" "No" "Mortgage?" "No" "Oh!" "To be honest love, I think someone has mis-sold you my details, bye!" :P

With regards to injury claims, my sister had someone run into the back of her at traffic lights a few months back and her insurance company have been just as bad at trying to get her to claim for injuries she doesn't have. Luckily she is honest enough not to claim, but I bet lots of people see this as an opportunity to get more money from compensation. Either way, our premiums all increase :angry:
Stoney871
You can guarantee that for every £1 you are sent the claim company trousers £2 in expenses.
That's why they say you will get 100% of your compensation, they're making twice as much as you are.
Just like the old ambulance chasers in America.
I claimed PPI directly from my bank and got £4650 back, no middle man and 2 months from first letter to cheque in hand.
Just search the web for specimen claim letters and work from there.
Brigante
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1344450143' post='199677']
You can guarantee that for every £1 you are sent the claim company trousers £2 in expenses.
That's why they say you will get 100% of your compensation, they're making twice as much as you are.
I claimed PPI directly from my bank and got £4650 back, no middle man and 2 months from first letter to cheque in hand.
[/quote]

Thats exactly what was on Watchdog mate. Simply write a letter yourself and a few months later your pocket will be several grand heavier, it's your money what your owed. Why should these 100s of ppi claims companies get half of what your owed for just writing a letter on your behalf?
Pitmonster
I get about 3-4 automated PPI calls at work a week. I hate them.
gc88
[quote name='Stoney871' timestamp='1344450143' post='199677']
[/quote]

Nice, feel like sharing?
Stoney871
What do you think paid for my car? :D
johnH
i hate those calls, texts and what really boils my pee is ppi companies...

in an asian accent "hello sir, we are calling about the loan you got in 2009 or 2010."
me "i didnt have ppi, as its car finance through the military, eff off! "

also i get phone calls from companies about crashes ive never had, well i did but was driving a company vehicle and i didnt give my details....just try their luck.
artscot79
ive had them too from an accident 8yrs ago texts phone calls i even had one asking to speak to my daughter when i asked why they said they were able to claim money for an accident she had i said okay was that on her bike the guy was like pardon i said well she is 4yrs old. theyre like bloody leaches. totaly agree these companies are pushing premiums up and if she had a clue the bbc said accidents were down but claims had risen due to these companies government should ban them
jeebowhite
I let them get on with it for a little while, I play along, and sometimes make up shizzle, I would literally let them start, then say "oh. dont forget my car loan, my house deposit loan, my new exhaust loan, oh and my credit cards, oh and I forgot about my mortgage, I was sold it 40 years ago..." see how long I can keep them going for.

At the end of any of these calls where I humour them, I always tell them to remove my number from their database and demand an apology for them wasting my time :D

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.