Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 53 Plate Tdci 130 Problem
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
George Lawrence
Hi Everyone, I did post this problem a few weeks ago but got no responce. I hope someone may be able to help. When I was going at speed up a hill on the motorway I put my toe down to overtake a van. The glow lamp started flashing and a total loss of power. I managed to get onto the hard shoulder and realised the engine had actualy cut out. I re-started the car and everything was fine.
We were away in cornwall last week and this happened 3 times on the way home on the A30. If anyone knows the area they will know the hills are steep. Sorry to waffle on but I thought more info is better than not enough. I have noticed on another couple of posts regarding glow lamp problems that limp home mode seems normal but mine just cuts out. When started again all is ok, If I take it easy up the hill no probs.
I hope someone may be able to guide me in the right direction so I can get this sorted.

Many Thanks

George
stef123
could be a sensor failing or it could be as simple as the fuel filter needing changed
mintalkin
a common cause for cutting out is a failing cam sensor

Full Colour Version: 53 Plate Tdci 130 Problem
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.