Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Sticks When Cold.
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
briko
I have a 55 plate Mondeo titanium x 2.2 diesel. When i drive it from cold., the steering sticks slightly on dead center. After about 10 minutes, it stops doing this. has anyone experienced this or any suggestions. Thanks
jeebowhite
define cold? are we talking just a cold engine, or after a cold night? when you say the steering sticks, do you mean the steering wheel itself is locked straight and cant be turned? or can you swing the steering wheel full lock Right, then try to swing full lock left but when the wheels set dead centre they pause for a moment and then continue to turn to full lock left?

Also do you hear any creaks or groans when you try to turn the wheel?

Its a number of possibilities, everything from a failing PAS pump, to water in the PAS fluid, even potential for a damaged rack...
NorthSussex
[color=#0000ff][size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Could it be the steering wheel lock catching?[/font][/size][/color]
briko
Starting off from cold in the morning when the wheel is dead center,if I turn slightly to the right or left,it makes a clunk sound in the wheel and it sticks. Thanks

Full Colour Version: Steering Sticks When Cold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.