Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto or not auto
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford C-Max Club
ginner999
Has anyone heard anything different.
A friend of mine as told me that the car Im driving is classed in a way that the driver must have passed the driving test in a manual to be able to drive my car legally?
My car a 1.6 tdci 7 speed auto.
He went on to say he had read a piece in the local paper where a garage had been done for selling a car to a driver who had been involved in an accident whilst driving his c max auto? when he was only licensed to drive real autos and the c max is classed as manual.

(Please do not take any of this story as legally binding as it clearly a matter for solicitors and courts etc.)
SierraYankee99
Does it have a manually operated clutch?
philangst
[quote name='SierraYankee99' post='12563' date='Feb 19 2009, 07:56 AM']Does it have a manually operated clutch?[/quote]

Dont you have the 1.6 tdci CVT?
Bobalob
[quote name='ginner999' post='12543' date='Feb 18 2009, 11:19 PM']Has anyone heard anything different.
A friend of mine as told me that the car Im driving is classed in a way that the driver must have passed the driving test in a manual to be able to drive my car legally?
My car a 1.6 tdci 7 speed auto.
He went on to say he had read a piece in the local paper where a garage had been done for selling a car to a driver who had been involved in an accident whilst driving his c max auto? when he was only licensed to drive real autos and the c max is classed as manual.

(Please do not take any of this story as legally binding as it clearly a matter for solicitors and courts etc.)[/quote]

An Automatic is an Automatic. i don't think it matters that you can manually sellect a few gears. it acctually still does what it wants, even in "manual" it can still change gears on it's own or stop you from down shiffting i think. I'm pretty confident it's classed as an auto, it's got an auto box and no clutch.

Full Colour Version: auto or not auto
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.