Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mondeo Mk4 Central Door Lock (Its Beat Me)
Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums > Ford Models > Ford Mondeo Club
Raptor
Please help me.... My Mk4 mondeo 57 plate has finally let me down (not in a big way). I locked it up the other day and noticed the rear passengers door did not lock. You a can hear the motor trying to pull the lock on though. I have taken the door panel off and all is ok. The cable moves just fine. The door will lock manually.......It just seems the motor has lost power. Any ideas on this? Is this a common fault....

Your help is most wanted
Stoney871
Its usually damp in the central locking solenoid.
Plenty of WD40 into the unit.
Raptor
Thanks for that.... I will take it off and give it a good soaking, any other things it maybe?
Stoney871
Check for damaged wires in the door umbilical and corroded contacts.
Raptor
I have done all the above and it is still not working, i have also tried a reset, I have tried it with doors open, nope she is not having it. Looks like I am going to have to splash the cash on a new unit. Many thanks for your help with this issue....... any info would be still welcome. I am away for two weeks so wont get round to purchasing it till then....
sakos
I have the same problem with my 2008 Mondeo.
The left rear door will not close neither open together with the other ones. The lock moves easily when I operate it manually. The modul should have electricity because it stirs sligthly at the end positions, but it does not move when I place the handle into the middle position.

I suspect faulty position detection which inhibits the motor movement.

Raptor, have you solved the problem? Do you have a guide how to remove the module?
sakos
Finally I replaced the door lock module with a new one. No it is working well.
However I could not resist to investigate the faulty module. It was easy to diassembly it. And I found the root cause. It is the small electric motor inside the motor. Its current consumption was really high. I took apart and found short circuit among commutators caused by powder of carbon brushes. After cleaning it works like a charm.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/sources/classes/class_email.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/applications/ipb/3.4.5/upload/lofiversion/ipsclass.php on line 1615